Saturday, December 12, 2009

Guacamole Tacos

I went to my friend's family's farm and got to search around the property for some ripe organic fruit to bring home with me, and was so psyched to see the avocado varieties all going off!  The avocado graveyard had shells of so many avos that had fed the chickens and the earth, and a couple freshly fallen ones ready to feed me!  
One of my favorite recipes, and one that is super simple when I'm on trips where fresh produce is available, is a raw guacamole taco meal.  I usually mix up the fresh ripe avocados with diced garlic, tomatoes, and a little onion, sprinkle on some cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper, and hero guac is ready in minutes.  There are a variety of raw options for shells, like collard greens, kale, and romaine, but I really enjoy the crunch of a green cabbage leaf.  Simply cut the leaf at the base, peel it off nice and easy, and scoop in a solid serving of guacamole for your instant guac tacos.  Enjoy!

Avocado harvest
Guacamole tacos in green cabbage shells :)

No comments:

Post a Comment