Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Surfing :)

Today I am celebrating the anniversary of the first day I ever went surfing.  Such a defining moment for my life path this event manifested, that I feel it is worth celebrating every year, hopefully by catching some fun waves.  I owe a huge thank you to my Dad and my cousin Mark, who both took me on my first day surfing and gave me countless rides thereafter to continue my all-consuming addiction, keeping the stoke and setting me up for a beautifully unexpected life course.  So many amazing lessons surfing has taught me over the course of my life that I am so grateful for experiencing, I am the person I am today because of all that the ocean and nature has taught me.  On Valentine's Day it is a common tradition to express gratitude and affection to those that have touched us deeply, and with that in mind I will give thanks for how blessed I am to have been able to live this incredible life!  I LOVE SURFING!


Helicopter Angle Photo by Steve Knox

No comments:

Post a Comment