Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Channel Islands Surfboard Factory

On my way back up north this week I stopped in at my surfboard sponsor's factory to order up some new blades.  Al Merrick has been shaping me the best boards in the world for the last decade and I am so thankful to be blessed with the opportunity to have his shapes under my feet.  Everyone at Channel Islands is awesome, and I love taking the time to stop in and say hi anytime I can.  On this trip I brought in my magic 5'11" round tail to get it scanned so a few copies can get shaped, hoping to keep this magic model in my quiver for a while.  Travis Lee is not only a good friend and an awesome human being, who I am stoked to catch up on great stories with, but he has also been helping me out since day one, providing me insight on new models and relaying feedback from other team riders on which boards are working best in different conditions.  It is so crucial to have the perspectives of some of the best surfers in the world on how different models are working for them in order to help me decide what shapes would be best suited for my surfing.  I am so thankful to be a part of such an incredible team and to have the best surfboards in the world in my quiver!  Thank you so much to everyone at Channel Islands Surfboards!

Al The Master taking a look at my magic 5'11" round tail
Anyone need a new surfboard?  Great gift for the holidays!
Solid quiver ;)
Some team boards in the lobby
Slater's championship quiver.  How many WCT's have been won on your shaper's boards?
Even got a fun surf in after I left the factory, stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment